View Single Post
Old 28-03-2005, 20:03   #68
Gayle
God Member

Re: On Behalf of Gayle Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda

My question, does this grant have to be spent on the Coppice, which seems to be one of the main objections, we love it as it is why guild the lily? Would the same grant not be available to be spent on a town centre project, or does it have to be spent on 'landscape' art?
Reply to Garinda

Yes, this money does have to be spent on this project (not necessarily the Coppice) but on a Panopticon for Hyndburn. It has not come from HBC and can not be reallocated to anything else, if we don't use it for this we will lose it and all the additional funding that it's likely to bring in.

I mentioned not necessarily the Coppice because the brief was to find a hill overlooking a great view of the borough. Like I said earlier, the Coppice was selected by all the partners in the project - HBC, Mid Pennine Arts, ELP etc as the most appropriate. In Ribble Valley, the site selected was Kemple End. A few weeks ago it was realised that the residents of Ribble Valley, who had little or no objections to the actual designs, were specifically against the use of that site. We are now working with them to find an alternative site.
Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote