View Single Post
Old 28-03-2005, 20:25   #79
chav1
I am Banned

Re: On Behalf of Gayle Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle Knight
On the subject of vandalism again. The most likely cause of vandalism will be via quad bikes or mountain bikes making grooves in the sculpture. Again referring to Rossendale, the additional funding is enabling them to build fences and stiles around the wider area so that bikers simply can't get that high up the hill. This will hopefully be part of the wider scheme.
sorry i have to correct you there gayle

the most likely graffiti will be spray paint and fire

both the shelters and the monument are or have been covered in spray paint

the easter cross has been burnt to the ground plenty of times in the past and only last year some kids set fire to the dry grass while i was flying my kite with my son and i had to call the fire brigade to put it out as it was getting bad

all i see it doing is providing a place for kids to meet up and drink booze and leave broken bottles behind and whatever else they choose to do

anyway thats another point but quad bikes etc are the least of the worries regarding vandalism

edit:

i cycle up the coppice on my mointain bike as part of my recovery therapy am i vandal ...?

edit again

sorry gail i thought u meant mountain bikes on the coppice as a whole i just realised you meant riding over the teletubby houses

Last edited by chav1; 28-03-2005 at 20:32.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote