View Single Post
Old 29-03-2005, 09:37   #173
chav1
I am Banned

Re: On Behalf of Gayle Night

hi gayle

i would like to say thankyoufor your time and patience with people like me :-)

i would also like to explain what i meant by not everyone knows about this scheme and how to contact you and i will give a short but more detailed explination

i for example would never have known about the sceme if i hadnt joined accy web as i dont buy local papers and the only real interest i have had in the past in the councils activitys was how much my next council tax bill is going to be

i am not saying the scheme didnt try its best to inform us ime sure a few years ago the local paper would be the ideal place to reach everybody but as a whole i would say more people now buy national newspapers and use the internet to get information like i do , ime not saying no one buys the observer or telegraph as obviously we still have enough paper boys/girls and they would be out of work if they wernt selling

as for holding meetings i think the poor attendace at them dosnt reflect lack of interest but shows more that people are too busy with other things like work and homelife like the kids , housework and shopping etc

maybe door to door surveys cold have been used ( if not used that is )as they would have reached more of the population of accy and got a better picture of those for or against the project

as for starting that other poll it was started more as to satisfy my curiousity if people would accept it somewhere else and i didnt want to clutter up your thread with it although as you can see reading it i edited it as the night went along as thoughts came into my head and ime sorry if you thought i was hijacking this thread it wasnt meant to appear tha way

anyway thanx again for taking your time to answer questions as you have read other people are better armed with knowledge than me to come up with the realy good questions , ime just a bog standard bloke who wants his coppice left alone
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote