View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 17:49   #12
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Have you ever wondered where the lottery money goes? Good causes, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Somehow I think the public should have a say in where the money goes.
I'm sorry Willow but we the general public are not clever enough to decide where this money should go after all we would not have the scope or vision to realise that we (the contributers to the lottery) need to pay Sir Winston Churchills relatives 17 million pounds to ensure that they keep his diaries in the family, (yes, working from memory that is the amazing sum that was paid by the lottery for some-one to keep what they already owned)!

We were stupid enough to think that when the lottery was first started up it would stop the need for such good causes as scanners & other medical equipment having to go cap in hand to get what should have been supplied by whatever government was in power.

Fortunatly there are people that can be put in control to show that far more important than relieving or curing suffering the money aught to go to the 'ARTS'.
for example the opera or ballet.

If football needed the amount of subsidey they get because it is 'low brow' then it would be left to rot.

Well I say let the arts float on their own profits, & let's get the funds from the lottery go to what the majority of people that contribute to it want which is the relief of peoples agonies.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote