Thread: Sarah's Law
View Single Post
Old 25-04-2005, 22:21   #3
Busman747
Always EVIL within us

Re: Sarah's Law

LEVEL 3 SEX OFFENDER COMMUNITY NOTIFICATION

Pursuant to M.G.L. chapter 6, sec. 178C-178P, the individual on this notification has been designated a Level 3 Sex Offender by the Sex Offender Registry Board. The Board has determined that the individual is at a high risk to re-offend and that the degree of dangerousness posed to the public is such that a substantial public safety interest is served by active community notification.

THIS INDIVIDUAL IS NOT WANTED BY THE POLICE

Name:Nicholas S. Harvey
Home Address:
10 Pilgrim Road, Pembroke, MA
Work Address:
63 Reservoir Park Drive, Rockland, MA
Sex:
Male
Race:
White
Height:
5' 11"
Build:
Stocky
Weight:
200 lbs
Eyes:
Hazel
Hair:
Brown
Complexion: Medium

Offenses Committed:

Indecent Assault and Battery on a Child Under 14 Years of Age (6 Counts), Open and Gross Lewdness and Lascivious Behavior (6 Counts)

WARNING

Sex offender registry information shall not be used to commit a crime or to engage in illegal discrimination or harassment of an offender. Any person who uses information disclosed pursuant to M.G.L. Chapter 6, section 178C-178P for such purposes shall be punished by not more than two and one half (2 1/2) years in a house of correction or by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars ($1000.00) or both (M.G.L. chapter 6, section 178N). In addidtion, any person who uses registry information to threaten to commit a crime may be punished by a fine of not more than one hundred dollars ($100.00) or by imprisonment for not more than six (6) months (M.G.L. chapter 275, section 4).

This guy although a high risk, is NOT wanted by the police......but you may notice that in warnings against vigilante action, they talk about the MAXIMUM fine or imprisonment and many may feel that revenge is worth the sacrifice......It seems to almost encourage action against individuals. I understand what you are saying cashman....and that is my point! Naming and shaming encourages normally well adjusted law-abiding citizens to do something on the spur of the moment that will change their life forever. I am sure that other accywebbers feel the same as you (I do) but is it right?

(There was a picture to go with the info but it missed out on the copy and pasting! )