View Single Post
Old 28-04-2005, 15:14   #47
Staveros

Re: Players in, Players out????

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
Payton opportunity? - Payton liability more like. We certainly do not need the likes of him at Stanley. If you think he would have been a 'big name' signing you're off your rocker! The only thing I would agree about is your comments about the Clayton End roof and (fingers crossed) this is supposed to be completed in the summer.

Liability?? Why's that then, maybe you can elaborate?? Even if he isn't the most reliable guy off the pitch the point was he would certainly have considerably boosted the gate if nothing else. You know, bums on seats love!! If you think his drinking habits are a problem then maybe you dont get out much because if you did you would surely agree that he can be no worse than several of the current crop(two who are being released incidentally),who can regularly been seen out on the pop.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 148874" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Jimbo T Hornblower</TD><TD class=alt2>I have to disagree with ya - less inclined to attend due to lack of progression??? THATS EXACTLY THE POINT!!!!! How can the club progress and get these signings if peeps 'cant be arsed' to turn up?? And there HAS been progression this season - ok not in the league table position and the Clayton End roof situation but the club has progressed...

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Chicken and Egg Jimbo. As I said 'build it and they will come'. Ive never heard it be said 'Come and then we'll build it'.??? The club need to offer what new punters want, a bit(and i mean a bit) more comfort and a winning team.
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote