View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 15:32   #124
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: What Are They Going To Ban Next????

I didn't suddenly find an urge. I cannot stand the smell of stale smoke in my hair and on my clothes. To me it is nauseating. Whilst I am in the smoky environment it isn't the same, maybe that's because the smoke is "fresh" but by the time I get home and certainly by the following morning the smell is quite sickening and disgusting to me. I would say I have felt this way for the past 40 years so if you consider that a recent bandwagon then criticise away.

Did I ever say I was forcing other people to wash their hair? The only situation in which I enforce my opinion on others is if they wish to enter my home. They are NOT permitted to smoke in my home. They are free to enter and not smoke, or to go away and smoke elsewhere.

If I'm out with a group of people who smoke then it is my choice to be amongst them as I know that they smoke and I wouldn't try to force them to stop just because I am with them.

However, I choose to sit in a smokefree environment when eating and choose the non-smoking area in a restaurant because I do not like to taste smoke. I prefer to taste my food. I wouldn't go out for a meal and enjoy it if someone at the same table was smoking. It puts me off my meal if smoke drifts over from a neighbouring table. Why should I have to suffer?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote