View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 15:55   #125
-pixie

Re: What Are They Going To Ban Next????

Ok then jambutty, you tell me what purpose, other than personal pleasure, smoking achieves.

Quote:
I’m not attacking the car because everyone uses a vehicle either personally or to have goods delivered to shops. We all contribute to the atmospheric pollution that is the bane of our lives but the motor vehicle does much more than tobacco ever did and to just target smokers is hypocritical in the extreme. Sadly the non-smokers are not prepared to accept that as vehicle users they cause far more pollution than thousands of fags. “We can pollute because the car/lorry is necessary and smoking is not” is the only pseudo rationale they can come up with.
I'm a non smoker and I don't drive. Therefore I don't pollute either way. I use public transport if its necessary for me to go out of town.

And I might add that you wouldn't understand the urge, sudden or otherwise, to wash your hair and clothes after being in a smoky room. I honestly don't think that smokers notice the smell as much, but it is awful to non smokers. Don't knock Willow just because she prefers to be clean, rather than smell of stale smoke. Its exactly what I do if I have been in a smoky room, or ifI have been out to the pub or whatever.

Last edited by -pixie; 08-05-2005 at 16:32.
-pixie is offline   Reply With Quote