View Single Post
Old 20-05-2005, 16:51   #12
Debbie J

Re: The right to Life.......?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
OK Debbie. Suppose for a moment you are terminally ill. Your child is also very ill. The Doctor gives you a clinical choice - he can treat you and prolong your life for an extra few weeks, but cannot treat your child, and then your child will then become terminally ill; or he can let you go, and threat your child and your child lives.

Which do you go for?

The fact is that thousands of decisions on clinical priorities are made in the NHS every day. There is never enough money to go round to pay for this, and I as a taxpayer object to the wastage involved in maintaining life when all hope is gone. If their families wish to prolong suffering, then let them do so - but with money from their own pocket.
If I was terminally ill I would want to say my goodbyes and die sooner rather than later. I know this would not be everybodies choice but it would be mine not to suffer a lingering painful death(maybe I'm a coward) with my family having to stand by watching helplessly. What harm would I be doing. As cruel & heartless as it may sound I was glad my mum died when she did as she was not suffering anymore and my then 11 year old brother didn't have to watch it for too long. I still miss my mum dearly 20 years on but I was glad she went when she did.
But surely someone who wants to live should be allowed to after all how much does it cost to feed someone.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote