View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 13:21   #1
pendy
Resting in peace

Serious warning for women and men

My son's partner has warned me about a happening in London, sworn to be true. A woman at a petrol station was approached by a man from a nearby car. He asked what perfume she was wearing. She asked why, and he said he represented a firm that was producing a new range of perfumes, and handed her some literature. He asked if she would like to smell a sample. She did. NOT perfume, it was ETHER. A good sniff, and you pass out. She lost her car and all her belongings. If anyone approaches you like this, get out fast and call the police when you get home. (I didn't know ether worked that fast, but it might well.)

In Manchester, a new scam has come up. You get into your car at the carpark, petrol station, road, whatever, and as you look in the rear-view mirror to check traffic, you notice a piece of paper stuck in the middle of your rear screen. You get out to remove it. When you are at the back of the car, the carjackers appear from nowhere and drive off in your vehicle. If it happens to you, drive off with the paper still there, and remove it when you're safely home.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web