View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 15:20   #8
arnan

Cool Re: Dial a Fortune but not for YOU.

I am the developer/owner of the ReconnectWarning software program. I would like to thank jambutty for putting a link to my site in his message. Last December, I searched for many telephone company sites in English-speaking countries and none of them mentioned a software solution on their countermeasures pages. I sent messages to each company suggesting that they would be doing their subscribers a service if they informed them of this. I even included the names of two of my competitors. British Telecom was one of them. When I read jambutty's message, I was surprised and disappointed that they would take my suggestion, prepare their own program and provide it for free.

I was unable to download their program to compare it with mine. Has anyone done a comparison? I wouldn't want to think it, but if their program's interface is similar to mine there may be a case of copyright infringement.

If you have broadband you are safe from modem hijacking. However, some experts believe that if you use VoIP you will be susceptible.
Thanks

Last edited by arnan; 03-06-2005 at 22:06.
arnan is offline   Reply With Quote