View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 09:48   #12
lettie
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: It's good for you....or is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazeeboy
IPlease don't dismiss these therapies, they have been around longer than so called conventional medicine.

Firstly, I did not dismiss these therapies. I merely stated that I found that they did nothing for me except to relax. I also said that some people find them helpful, from a personal point of view I was not helped. Of all complimentary therapies that I would be likely to try, I think acupuncture would be the one. I have seen this used with great effect, but I don't think these therapies are suitable for all.

As an example,I have also seen someone in labour who brought a Reiki master with her. It did not work, did not relax her, cost her a few bob and she still demanded an epidural in very early labour.

You cannot deny the psychological aspects of health. If someone believes that they are contributing to their own wellbeing, in whichever way they choose to do it, then their feeling of wellbeing will be increased. If they don't truly believe that they are helping themselves, then they will continue to feel unwell, but I'm sure that you and your wife already know this.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote