View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 20:02   #55
Billcat
Foreign Correspondent

Re: Geldof - Stick your Live 8 up your *!##+^ '~£

I go against the flow and state that I am all for the folks who see a problem and want to give of their time and/or money to help get it fixed. If no one ever made an effort, if everyone sat on their handsm whining and complaining, there would be no progress in this sorry old world of ours. For these celebs, it would be far less fuss and bother in their lives just to sit by the pool and order some more champagne and caviar than to do their bit to solve the world's problems. Do they always succeed? Of course not. But they make the effort and for that alone, I will give them full marks.

But for folks like that, we'd all still be living in caves, fighting off sabre-toothed tigers.

Frankly, if you aren't working to be part of the solution (no matter how small a part), then it's virtually certain that you are just another part of the problem.

Just as a side note, it appears that the number one favorite activity in the UK may be the same as here in the USA - complaining. It's inexpensive, allows you to vent, gets you plenty of company in the form of fellow complainers, and usually accomplishes only one thing - that you are well-recognized as a complainer. I'll pass on that one, thanks!

When in darkness or in doubt, visit Oswaldtwistle!
Billcat is offline   Reply With Quote