View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 17:33   #5
Acrylic-bob
God Member

Re: Should the EU rebate be ended?

Can I just say that I'm glad it's not just me who thinks that the French are a bunch of arrogant, whining weasles who think that the European Union exists to make life more profitable for them and for them alone. It is time that we told the Eurocrats where to stick their grandiose ideas of a supranational state.

The French have always been fair-weather friends at best. I haven't forgotten that it was another French President, De Gaulle, who did his damndest to keep us out of Europe until the end of the sixties. Funny how they were all over us just twenty five years before that when their current best buddies the Germans were occupying La belle France, and De Gaulle himself found sanctuary and support in the UK.

It's a bit rich of Chirac now to be asking for "a gesture of solidarity" for which you may read "we're in the merde and we want another handout"

I think we should take this golden opportunity to get out now! Let them keep their failing economies and rising unemployment. Britain is better off ploughing its own furrow.