View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 17:54   #2
the real michael
I am Banned

Re: HBC And The Proposed Housing Stock Transfer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies
Anybody in here living in council accomodation. Im wondering what your views are on the proposed transfer to the private sector. Im all for it. With the way HBC has started to treat its tennants you really have no choice but to vote "Yes".
A typical example is i live in a ground floor flat, we have no fencing around the back gardens. The garden is used as a short cut up to the next street. Trouble is when its being used for this reason, we get idiots who think its funny to start banging on your bedroom windows at 3am. Another example is last weekend we had yobs around the back with torches looking into the properties. What was their intensions ...robbery ? The police didnt catch them,but when you live on your own this can be a frightening experience.
Most council houses have a good economical heating system, mine is still on the so-called economy 7 which in truth i cannot afford to use unless i want a bill of over £600 for the winter months.
My list is endless,
I would like to hear your views on the subject.

Chrissie
by voting yes to this transfer it just goes to show that most folk dont understand what this means...ist of all allow me to present you with some facts...
this is part of a list of questions put to hyndburn homes(barf) ...

Dear Sir

In relation to your e-mail request for information, I detail below the answers to your questions:

(1)...how much money was used in the making of all the booklets, papers and printed material used to promote this

offer...inc the videos etc....

To date £130,000 has been spent

(2) how many man hours has hyndburn homes spent on putting this whole scheme together from start to finish?

This is not the type of information which is kept. However, I can confirm that a team of five officers have been seconded to the process since August 2004.

(3) will this new firm be employing all the people who work for hyndburn homes now or will it be completely fresh "blood"?

The staff who currently work for Hyndburn Homes will all transfer over to the new Registered Social Landlord.

(4) how much will it cost annually in wages alone for this new

venture to operate, inc bonuses etc etc...

The estimated salary costs will be in the region of £2 million pounds, the same as currently incurred with the Council (this includes the staff of the repairs service).

(5)how much money would this firm have coming in on average from the gross rent of these properties...

The estimated rental income is approximately £7.7 million, again the same as currently estimated with the Council.

(6) will you be using the same sub-contractors you use now to repair these houses?

The repair of houses is currently undertaken by our in-house repairs service who will continue to repair the houses. All of the repairs staff would transfer to the new landlord. In relation to work undertaken by contractors in relation to both repairs and improvements, the same contractors will still be eligible to tender for work as currently happens.

(7) you say you plan to invest 35mil in 5 years but in reality this figure is only 16 mil more than you expect from the government which is 1.2 mil per year for a housing stock worth what?

An additional £3.2 million per annum would be spent on the housing stock in the first five years not £1.2 million. The value of the stock is £105 million. ...end of sample

if your adept at mathematics you should be aware that the difference between question
4 and 5 is according to them, not us is £5.7 MILLION ...yet they intend to spend just
£3.2 mil p.a. .......so in fact there will be no investment at all, you see the money has always been there but they squander it on other things such as employing cowboy subcontractors who in their bid to make more profit cut corners, resulting in the job needing to be done again and again...and again.. plus where is the other £2.5 mil from
the above paragraph? and what do you call this 2.5 mil if its not profit?

the council use the old "weve no money" as a lame excuse for their incompetance at doing a proper job...and should be replaced by fresher blood who can see whats really going on and put a stop to this madness...
i will remind you that the "troglodyke" known as margaret thatcher deceived the whole of britain by selling off the gas and electric co,s ...then the trains etc etc...and all the backhanders that went with these swindles...jobs for the boys when the cons were ousted etc...
hyndburn council are doing the same to these tenants as thatcher did to this country...
shafting you! if any tenants out there have voted yes i can only say that you never gave it much thought did you or bothered yourself enough to find out what this really means?
in sept the law changes whereas landlords will be prosecuted for lesser crimes than what hyndburn council has done (or not done) , by voting yes, you will be giving hyndburn homes a free meal ticket for life, and exonerating them from their responsibilities they were paid for to do...and make a few capitalist extremely rich by means of giving them the deeds to your properties... hyndburn council should be made liable and held responsible for many decades of bad management...dont say i didnt warn you...

p.s. perhaps we should make these public servants live at walmsley close est or huncoat for the rest of their lives and then see if they find the money...and there is no law to stop you from ripping those leccy heaters out and taking them to the tip where they belong
it was just another dodgy deal to get us poor folk to pay through the nose for fuel which should be a fraction of what it is... may the truth set you free...Michael...

the real michael is offline   Reply With Quote