View Single Post
Old 13-06-2005, 17:45   #1
panther
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Wink Men Are 'breast' Sucklers

http://Men no longer have an excuse ...retful infant.Researchers for Fathers Direct, a UK fatherhood charity, said men in the region often step in to perform the task when women are not available. It found that Aka fathers hold their baby close to their bodies for several hours at a time and are at their child's side around 47% of the time - even taking their infant along on palm wine drinking sessions. Caroline Flint, former President of the Royal College of Midwives, said: "I have come across cases of dads doing this. "It's not a case of the man saying to the baby, 'Here you are, have my booby', but usually of the baby snuffling along the fathers chest, finding the nipple and sucking. "The men are usually very surprised, but the babies seem content. They love to snuggle up to their dads."

The Aka tribe's dedication to childcare is greater even than Swedish men, named as the top Western dads - who handle 45% of parenting. In British families, men carry out an average of a third of childcare, ranking fourth in Western countries, the study found.