View Single Post
Old 14-06-2005, 13:51   #17
lettie
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: How Can We Slow Down Cars In Built Up Areas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO
Maybe if you only let people drive who have children that way maybe they might be a little more underdstanding.

I totally disagree with this one. I would not have been able to do my job on community if I wasn't allowed to drive. Some drivers are sensible and do not speed in built up areas. I never do more than 15mph around my own area until I get to the main road. There are always kids playing in the road round where I live which is another issue, as it is no longer safe for children to be playing in roads.

The main culprits for speeding in my area seem to be young men in souped up cars. The law should be changed to prevent anyone under the age of 25 having a car with an engine capacity of over 1000cc. The age at which you can learn to drive and take your test should be increased from 17 to 19 and a mandatory 3 yearly re-test as a refresher. Anyone being banned should automatically have to do a refresher driving course and be re-tested when the ban is lifted.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote