View Single Post
Old 24-06-2005, 09:34   #112
fireman

Re: What a load of RUBBISH!!!!!!!

Your right Pendy you are no fool. BUT. Not Having met Graham I'm sure the same applies to him. Resorting to a slanging match, regardless of who cast the first stone will not get anybody anywhere. The problem seems to be, in my eyes anyway , the system, everything we do now from taking our rubbish to the tip, to parking our cars, involves more red tape than ever before. Everyone is up to their back teeth with the situation and the increase in bureaucracy we are all experiencing. The solution is nowhere in sight and that is what causes all the upset. To step into local politics these days is to pin a target on one's back, knowing that local councillors do not have the power they used to have, but still remain a target for the public. I agree name calling and personal slants don't help the situation, but I'm sure this is born of sheer frustration at not having the means to help all who ask. I don,t think Graham went into this without good intentions but I bet he has at times regretted it. We need constructive posts from all in order that some good can come from this, "LOAD OF RUBBISH".
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote