View Single Post
Old 18-07-2005, 13:03   #11
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: Regrets you've had in your life?

I can’t think of a real genuine regret, well not a full blown one anyway. There are plenty of “if I had done this another way the outcome might have been better”

Over 15 years ago whilst in my early fifties my heart decided to remind me that my workaholic life style was about to come to an abrupt end and it did.

Turfed out of the hospital with the words, “Go home and rest for the rest of your life” ringing in my ears, I wondered what I was going to do for the next 30 years. Fortunately home computers were coming into fashion so an Amiga 500 found its way into my life. Also as luck would have it I spotted the double page spread ad in the Telegraph extolling the virtues of Blackburn College and the courses available to all.

So from ex workaholic I went straight into an educationaholic and signed up for “O” level Creative Writing, Computing, Electronics and Maths. These were followed by “A” level Creative Writing, Desk Top Publishing, Maths and numerous City & Guilds Modules in Computers and Computing. A second complaint from the old heart put a stop to my intended attempt at a degree in Maths and everything else as well. One thing that I did discover during my ‘school’ days was that I had forgotten how to learn in a classroom. Life’s experiences kept getting in the way.

So mani now is the time to check out the courses available at Blackburn College because they all start again in September.

I like their catch phrase of BLACKB__N COLLEGE – What is missing? UR!