View Single Post
Old 20-07-2005, 18:11   #18
Acrylic-bob
God Member

Re: milnshaw park or the coppice

Thanks for the update Gayle. I have to say I missed the article you referred to, which is annoying since the online version doesn't carry it.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that the dreadful rings will not now take place and that we will all have a little while longer to enjoy our favourite landmark in all its rundown glory. I don't know about you but I'd call that a result and a reminder to Quango's everywhere to be wary when trying to fob off the good people of Accrington with their second rate schemes.

I look forward to seeing the results of the rethink. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance with advice on suitable locations for the next favoured option please don't hesitate to ask, I would be only too happy to help - seriously!

The Times is a newspaper, not Holy Writ, it is written by human beings who are just as capable of being wrong as any of us. I choose to read it and occaisionally share bits from it with members because its columnists use good English and are often quite thought provoking. There is however quite a bit of garbage in it too, but hey, that's life; you have to take the good with the bad.