Thread: London Alert
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2005, 19:33   #67
Acrylic-bob
God Member

Re: London Alert

Breaking news from my Bible....

"Statement from Metropolitan Police

We believe we now know the identity of the man shot at Stockwell Underground station by police on Friday 22nd July 2005, although he is still subject to formal identification.

We are now satisfied that he was not connected with the incidents of Thursday 21st July 2005.
For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets.
The man emerged from a house in Tulse Hill that was itself under observation because it was linked to the investigation on Thursday 21st July.
He was then followed by surveillance officers to the underground station. His clothing and behaviour added to their suspicions.
The circumstances that led to the man's death are being investigated by officers from the MPS Directorate of Professional Standards, and will be referred to the IPCC in due course.
Anyone who may have been in or around Stockwell tube station at approximately 10:00, 22/7 and may have heard or seen anything is asked to contact police on 020 8785 8632/8646 or 8639."

Tragic! But I have to say that if I was confronted by several Policemen pointing guns at me and shouting at me to stop and put up my hands, then the last thing it would occur to me to do would be to lead them on a wild chase through a crowded tube station. Or am I being hopelessly old fashioned in this.