Thread: London Alert
View Single Post
Old 25-07-2005, 02:00   #95
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: London Alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
when anyone is being dodgy do you think we should take the risk?NO WAY HOSEA! you are guilty you ran bang bang you are gone easy and simple dont mess around with your own?
True he made a mistake.

As l said earlier, l was asked to go with someone claiming to be a London Underground Police Officer at Stockwell tube station where this happened. I didn't, my instinct told me to quickly depart in the other direction. I was right this man made the wrong choice.

I also to my shame, along with others, ignored the cries of a woman at Brixton tube station who claimed she had just been raped. This was in the rush hour. The next day's Evening Standard sadly confirmed her story.

It's east to sit up here and pontificate about what someone should or shouldn't do in a given situation, there are an awful lot of strange people in London, many l would still quickly walk away from, if not run.

Again, l say that l do feel the situation is hard for the police and l fully support them, it's just that l think this dead man is also a victim of an ever worsening story.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote