Thread: London Alert
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 11:58   #110
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: London Alert

Before I start I'd just like to say l fully understand how hard a job the police are doing, though apparently from the weapons they were carrying, which aren't issued to the police, it looks like that some of them were solidiers, wearing plain clothes but police baseball caps.

According to yesterday's Sunday Times-

Fact- According to the police he was shot because of his 'clothing and behaviour'.

Fact- He was wearing a denim jacket, not a padded 'bomber' jacket as first reported. The temperature was 17 degrees, hardly unsuitable.

Fact- He didn't vault the ticket barrier, he used his travel pass to open the gate.

Fact- A train was shown on the monitor as approaching the platform, lots of people were hurrying towards the platform.

Fact- According to witness Lee Rushton, 32, who says he heard every word the officers said. He says they never said the word 'police'.
'I heard a voice shouting get on the floor, just get on the floor, l then heard the sound of gunshots.'

Question- If this man was a suspected suicide bomber, why was he followed from his flat in Tulse Hill, allowed to get on a bus and travel the two miles to Stockwell tube station before being shot? Surely he could have been challenged earlier, thus putting the public at less risk?

Question- Besides living in the same block of flats that had been linked to the terrorists, what was the evidence that he was carrying a suicide bomb? The police still haven't said.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote