View Single Post
Old 14-08-2005, 22:08   #27
Doug
Member.

Re: Accrington Fans Where For art you

TM "The only thing missing from qualtrough's explanation was the fact that Stanley have never been brilliantly supported for whatever reason. The general public of Hyndburn are a pretty apathetic bunch and always have been. Having said that, there must be more than 1000 people in the borough who can be attracted to attend matches on a regular basis?"

That's a good point, but why……..Maybe people don’t get the message across to the public…..Is there any local support in the press? I’ve only ever seen one kid wearing a Stanley shirt in all the time I’ve been coming back. Does no one wear them; I see cart loads of England shirts on all shapes and size’s in accy centre on a Saturday, but never a Stanley Shirt. More effort should be spent on raising the clubs public profile in to the public arena, the cheapest way is to get people out in the shirts. Player profiles in the local press, free papers etc, and the kids press? School news letters and the like. Get the volunteers out on sports days. The Mela thing that was on last week not one shirt did I see and there was no Stanley Stand. I would have spent money had they been there……..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 14-08-2005 at 22:10.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote