View Single Post
Old 17-08-2005, 05:51   #1
Acrylic-bob
God Member

forget the terrorists, this is worse - much worse!

Shortly after the recent bombings in London, it was announced that armed police had shot dead a man they suspected of being a member of the gang who carried out the attacks.

I, in my usual bullish way, applauded the swift decisiveness of the police action, even to the extent of continuing my support for their action after it became clear that a terrible mistake had been made and that an innocent man had been shot dead. My reasoning was that the real responsibility for this mans unecessary death was just one more to be laid at the door of Islamofacist murderers. Like most of us, I felt myself to be diminished by this man's death but, was content that the Police had acted in consideration of the greater good.

Until this morning.

What I have just read in this morning's newspaper has made me feel sick. Sick to think that an innocent man lost his life at the hands of bumbling half-wits. Sick to realise that our safety and the safety of our children, our homes, our businesses and our way of life is placed in the hands of people who appear intent on raising incompetence to the level of a minor art form.

The report below hands the terrorists a victory far greater than any they could possibly have wrested by their own meagre efforts - I have lost ALL confidence in the police.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...738517,00.html

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 17-08-2005 at 05:52.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web