Thread: Genocide Treaty
View Single Post
Old 23-08-2005, 00:33   #7
Doug
Member.

Re: Genocide Treaty

I might be wrong but what you see here is world power politics. For the UN to effectively police the third world and I include south America in this statement from Genocide would cost the US billions of Dollars in Aid contributions alone. This money along with the Millions of US Dollars still owed to the UN will have to be sourced from the US Federal Budget. The US is in deficit to the tune o $400 Billions and the National debt is around $ 8000 Billions. The US would be forced to cut spending on arms and the war on terror.

The second reason is world power. The US would be handing the UN control of world conflict management. Yes, I did say world conflict management? Nobody wants to see another Rwanda or the ethnic cleansing like that seen in the Balkans, but you are expected to accept that the mass murder of children takes place across Brazil? Yet the death of one innocent man brings condemnation of the UK. And what about the starvation of an entire under class of a nation like that seen on the African continent recently as well as the murder and rape of a cultural underclass like we’re seeing in Zimbabwe.

Forgive me but I am at a loss as to your point? Does this really matter, after all it’s only politics and while we put up a hue and cry the world forgets these people and moves on to another crisis of its own making. I am not belittling you concerns but do you think that another big book signed by the worlds so called leaders will make a difference on the ground. Tonight hundreds of thousands of people will die from hunger, cold, murder and political and religious indifference across the continental US, Europe and the former Soviet Union. Millions will die from the same political and religious indifference across the third world. If the world’s leaders sign this document and produce the funds needed to combat Genocide across the world nothing will change because you can’t change political and religious indifference with good will and money. We can’t stop Aids in Africa let alone Genocide.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote