View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 20:22   #1
fireman

N H S a cock up.

ON the whole I find the NHS in genera lto be a wonderful thing. I have to thank Wythenshaw Heart Unit for my life, and believe me I am very grateful and pledge an amount of money to them on a regular basis. BUT, when you hear stories like that from our moderator MICK then the NHS lays itself wide open for critisism. Mick had an appiontment for a pre op angiogramme at the end of August, with hopes of a bypass operation in maybe September. During the very nervous trip to the hospital , someone had not read Micks notes and he had not been schedules for the test. Therefore no bypass, 6 months now to wait for the angiogramme, all that worry again, precisely what a man with a heart condition does not need.
The lovely 15 year old girl in the observer this week who was found dead by her mum at the top of the stairs at home after 2 visits to the hospital where the doctors couldn't find anything wrong with her. Did they try hard enough, I ask or did they just not treat her as seriously as they should of done. Sometimes these young Housemen on A &E are just a little complacent. Years ago my GP was treating me for a throat infection which got so bad I collapsed and found that my throat was fine but I was given 24 hours unless I had heart surgery , THANKS DOC......
I could go on all day listing NHS cock ups,,, and successes too but unfortunately the cock ups affect people in a very bad way and attract the publicity.
Pull your fingers out you doctors we are people you know with loved ones ourselves just like you are.
Write a letter Mick to the hospital trust and complain and lets hope you are soon given the tests you need and deserve and indeed the surgery you need and deserve and sooner rather than later. GOOD LUCK PAL FROM ME PERSONALLY AND I'M SURE FROM ALL ON ACCY WEB...
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web