Thread: Poor Gates
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 16:57   #79
Staveros

Re: Poor Gates

Willie Miller, you laugh at my suggestions? Right back at ya.

It is the sort of 'tin-pot' attitude that buying two plasma screens draws 'belly laughs' that is part of the problem here.

The club supposedly has ambitions to reach the league yet they seemingly want to do it 'on the cheap'.

You seem also to have misunderstood me, you imply that in some way I could be tempted to change my team alliegances?? Never.

I will always be an Evertonian, come what may, my point is that there is also an opportunity for me to support my local club fairly often. Likewise Blackburn and Burnley fans.

If you think that it is possible to create a good size support of loyal Stanley fans I fear you are sadly misguided. Its just not going to happen. Its people like me and the Rovers and Burnley boys you need to be appealing to.

Whatever you say about Payton he would have increased the gate considerably, I dont think there can be any argument about that. Maybe he would have expected a decent deal, fair enough, so would I if I was him. You need to do a cost benefit analysis then but for me, as i said, it would have been an absolute no brainer.

Anyway, what am i bothered for?? It doesn't hurt me if the attendances are rubbish does it?? Im just trying to make a point and I dont think Im only speaking for myself.

Believe it or not East Lancashire isnt backwardsville anymore. There are a fair amount of forward thinking, ambitious people around.

You are telling me that the club cannot afford a couple of proper tele's properly installed without fans charity??

B****x.

Its a p*ss take.

In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king.
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote