View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 17:14   #72
JohnW

Re: Katrina- Aftermath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
Well the thing to remember is that George Bush is doing a spin job, the reporter is a well known Republican supporter as is his newspaper and the mayor and the Govenor are Democrates. The fact that he handled 9/11 so well in his first term but handled this so badly will go against him and of course the Republicans in the next elections.
You think the Labor and Conservatives are nasty to each other, this lot would knock them in to a c ocked hat.
I have to agree Bazf, George is doing a spin job. But then all the democrats are putting their spin on the whole thing as well. As per usual, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I just get sick to death of hearing 'Dubbya' getting the blame for every damn thing that happens. There has been much said about him not giving a damn about New Orleans etc. Let's face it folks, New Orleans has been below sea level ever since the damn place was settled. The fact is that successive governments, both Democrat and Republican, are to blame for not building levies high enough throughout decades of office. Poor old George just happened to be in power when the big one struck. What did Bungalow Bill Clinton do for New Orleans when he was in power? Oh, that's right, he was too busy getting a blow job and playing hide and seek with his cigars in the Oval Office. There you go you see, it's so easy to criticise.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote