View Single Post
Old 28-09-2005, 09:37   #11
Morecambe_Red
Full Member+

Re: A Message For Adam Cottier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
I'm not going to argue with you mate on an internet forum, but I hope by the above sentence you are talking about Accrington Stanley.

In the first half we played the ball on the floor and in to feet. The only team constantly fouling was Morecambe and why Kelly wasn't given a red card for his constant fouling, including a two footed challenge on Brown, is beyond me. The final foul count of Morecambe 23 Accrington Stanley 15 shows who was the niggling, fouling team. And that's against 10 men!!!

It wasn't until the final quarter of the game, when the Stanley team were tiring, that Morecambe started to pass the ball on the floor. I was actually surprised by the overall lack of quality in the play of Morecambe. Has Harvey done all he can? Ten years is a lot of time without much to show for it.
I would disagree, theres plenty to show for his 10 years.
When he took over we were in the Northern Premier league , usually in the top 5 or 6 but not making it. The crowds were around 300. The north stand was an open crumbling terrace from the 1950's. The team had not made the 3rd round of the FA cup since 1962 (significant date eh!!) Sure we had been to Wembley and won in the 1970's.
Since Jim Harvey took over we have been runners up in the Conference and have been in every postition in the top 7 except 1st which will be rectified this season.
The new North stand has gone up to make the ground suitable for league football. We have played a premiership team (Ipswich) at Christie Park and made the 3rd round of the FA cup twice in the last 4 years. We have won a national cup competition in 1998. Our average crowd this season is 1,727 where as Accrington are averaging 1,153. Top players want to sign for us, such as Michael Twiss the best player not currently playing league football and 2 Stanley players (McEvelly and Craney) wanted to sign for Morecambe in the summer but our wage budget was full.
I hope this answers your point about 10 years and not much to show for it.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote