View Single Post
Old 28-09-2005, 16:09   #14
shrimper

Re: A Message For Adam Cottier

The only team constantly fouling was Morecambe The final foul count of Morecambe 23 Accrington Stanley 15 shows who was the niggling, fouling team.

Those stats only record the decisions given by the referee based on HIS interpretation of the incidents which, to my eye, were flawed throughout.
I don't think either side fouled over-much. Kelly went in hard on the one you're on about, but similarly one of your lads could have had a red in the second half when he went in from behind and cut our lad off at the knees.
But, as I say, it wasn't a nasty game at all. And I agree - I thought for the first 25 minutes or so you played some excellent passing football - it looked like we had the ten men in that period.
I reckon we did what we should have been doing all game when it came to the second half with Kelly pulling the strings. A better Accy performance, footballing wise than I've seen for many years.
I still think we've got more match-winners than you but if you keep up that kind of display we should both be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.
shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote