View Single Post
Old 28-09-2005, 16:51   #12
Acrylic-bob
God Member

Re: Teenagers smoking

That's an interesting point; why aren't the health fascists patroling the school yards to root out underage smoking and insisting that retailers who peddle tobacco products to kids are brought before the law?

Teachers are forever whining about how much they care about their pupil's welfare, if they care so much why arent they doing more to stop their pupils from lighting up in the first place. I was incensed at lunchtime when I was listening to what Ruth Kelly had to say about banning certain foods from school meals. She decribed the current state of school meals as a "scandal". Well, excuse me, Miss-right-on-message-Kelly, but isn't the "scandal" down in the first instance to Government underfunding and in the second instance to the descisions of the teaching profession who claim to care so much about the welfare of our children?

As a smoker myself I think that the only way to encourage children who have taken up the habit to stop is to put them in a warm, unventilated room and not to let them out until they have smoked their way through several packets of Capstan Full Strength, one after the other, until they can no longer whine about the violation of their human rights because they are too busy vomiting! Sometimes you have to be cruel to kind.