Thread: Smells.
View Single Post
Old 18-10-2005, 12:11   #46
pendy
Resting in peace

Re: Smells.

Love perfume, often go without makeup but never without perfume.

I choose a scent because I like it, which is a bit daft, because once you've been wearing it an hour or two, your nose adapts and you can't smell it any more - that's why you sometimes think you need more when you don't.

The sense of smell is just about the most fascinating sense we have, but don't let's get started on that, anyone interested ask me, and you can have the two hour lecture with slides and experimental data!

I use Van Cleef, because I like it. Interestingly enough, some years ago (yes, I've had my moments) one Christmas 3 different men bought me perfume. The man I went sailing with bought me Dior Dune, which is an open air, fresh, sort of stuff. The posh bloke I went to posh dinners with bought me First - very grown up and sophisticated. The new man bought me Opium, because he liked it (I LOATHED it, but I wore it anyway). It's interesting how differently people see you (or smell you), isn't it.

Once had to leave a concert at the Barbican because the woman in front of me had apparently bathed in Poison. It was either leave or throw up over her. Can't stand Paris, either.

For men? - Jazz by Yves St Laurent. It makes my knees go weak every time.

Tip - never spray your eau de toilette/perfume around your neck/head. When it warms up, perfume rises. Spray it round your ankles and calves, and you'll walk in a fragrant cloud all day! (Coco Chanel said you should spray it everywhere you expect to be kissed, but it can sting, so be warned!!)
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web