View Single Post
Old 24-10-2005, 22:59   #43
Andy Bullock (Wor)
Junior Member+

Re: Live stanley updates on 107 The Bee

Again, Graham Hyde missing (his wife is having some complications after the birth) so City lined up as Saturday.

City stormed out of the blocks tonight, and hit the post in the first minute. Accy looked solid for a while and on 13 minutes scored a class goal. Break down the right, low hard cross, planted home from 15 yards. Two minutes later it was 2-0. Deep corner to the back post met first time with no mistake.

Personally, I think it was a good thing you scored two, as it left us no option.

As Brookie had said, defending deep a free kick some 40 yards out, the knock forward found Smudger (Chris Smith) on the edge of the box, his flick on flying over Andy Dibble who wa some ten yards of his line.

On 30 minutes, Andy Dibble pulled off an outstanding save from Adam Webster diagonal power-driver - truly top class save.

Half-time; 2-1 and all to play for. But honestly City played out of their skins in the second half. We thought we'd drawn level when Sam Wedgebury volleyed home from 25 yards out, but lino ruled another player offside. It was excellent cup football after that.

With 20 minutes remaining, that man Andy Preece came on and played a part in both goals.

A flick-on from a cross fell at Adam Websters feet who scored from 6 yards.

With about ten minutes to go, Accy headed home from a cross with the linesman flagging. I think this was your only chance of the second-half. You really didn't create enough.

Then into the final minute. Ref awarded a free-kick on the edge of the box, central. Preecey steps up and blasts it bottom right, Andy Dibble blocks it, but Rob Warner follows up to slot home.

FA Cup Heaven, FA Cup Hell. So thin are the dividing lines.

Don't panic, and don't look at that 39 place gap. We're a decent side, well-managed and well-coached. Most of all, highly motivated over two games, and backed by a vociferous 1341 crowd.

OK, you may have lost 10,000 in prize money, but you will also come close to earning that in gate receipts over the two games.

I enjoyed myself at Accy, tonight was memorable.
Andy Bullock (Wor) is offline   Reply With Quote