View Single Post
Old 28-10-2005, 19:15   #92
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: Live stanley updates on 107 The Bee

I agree with the comments about waiting until we have a full strength settled back four. My thoughts though on the current team is that they are stifled beyond belief. John Coleman has always bought and moulded attacking players who are on a par with anything else in the league. From day one, JC has had a team that can run at and fritten the tits off anybody. We won the Unibond Premier at a canter scoring over a hundred goals in the process. This ethos changed over the three month sabatacle before the Aldershot Conference opener with the purchase of an ageing, balding midfield maestro named Cook. His presence to the squad brought with it a pass sideways or backwards but never forwards motto. We can crush teams if we go for the jugular, are we scared to win 10-nil? do they lose bonuses if they keep a clean sheet? John Coleman is not a bad manager at all. His and Bellies record since coming to The Crown is exemplorary, but the strangulation of our creativety needs to be strangled. Lets see swashbuckling come back, let the players play with a smile. If we are again to fall short of the play-offs then I would rather it because we went down fighting against the top teams, than because we went 1-0 up in the tenth minute at Tamworth and reverted to 4-5-1. 4-5-1 was brought to Accrington to accomodate Cook and his aged legs with two runners in front of him, but he rarely plays for us anymore. We have players who can cope with a 4-4-2 defensively and offensively so give em a chance.

Furthermore, I also agree with the venting of spleen about out-of-position players. WHY? If a player is available to the team why play somebody else ahead of him out of position, it makes no sense. Put round pegs in round holes Mr Coleman THEY FIT BETTER!

And where's the roof?