View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 08:04   #16
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: No speed limit ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
I'm sure there are lots of reasons why this was granted a 70 m.ph. limit, and willing to listen, however, I know the road and know how quickly the bend comes up .. strangers may not, and think they are entering a long expanse of dual carriageway. Anyway, will try and find out the reason, if I can find the correct authority to contact. Anyone know ?
Yes, the bend does quickly come up so as I, and others do on roads in unfamilier areas to stay alive, we proceed with caution! If you are foolish enough to go full belt on a road you don't know then you are being more than a little bit silly, but if you know the road, then you will also know the safe speed to travel on it for the given weather conditions and time of day.
(However you won't just take it for granted if you wish to keep yourself and others alive).

Try these links for learning, Dual Carriageways
&

Quote:
116: On a two-lane dual carriageway you should stay in the left-hand lane. Use the right-hand lane for overtaking or turning right. If you use it for overtaking move back to the left-hand lane when it is safe to do so.
http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/d.htm

By the way where it says for turning right it doesn't mean that because at the end of the dual carriageway you intend to turn right that you should get into that lane at the beginning of it (the dual carriageway), as a lot of people seem to do!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web