View Single Post
Old 22-11-2005, 23:07   #30
Doug
Member.

Re: Women blamed ....for rape

I past comment in A-Bs thread that I felt that in the case of murder the choice of “Twelve Good Men” may be an ideal that has past into history, as with the case for the death sentence I feel that a panel of Judges might be more appropriate for the consideration and sentencing of Rape cases. A profession jury is less likely to react emotively and act appropriately in the interest of the public. I do believe that Rape cases should be conducted in a manner where the perpetrator and victim should be given anonymity until all the evidence is available and the investigation is complete. I believe that to give a man’s or woman’s name to the public prior to a conviction being made is in itself a crime.

A man or woman falsely accused face a life of ruin irrespective of the eventual outcome, by the same token any male or female falsely accusing another person of rape should know that they will face prosecution and a custodial sentence for there maliciousness. Although I think it’s wrong to blame a victim for the actions of another I do believe that when an individual is shown to have actively encouraged the sexual attentions of another that they must face their responsibility for their own actions and this should be taken into consideration when sentencing the perpetrator.

In regard to the dressing provocatively and the rest of it, well I think that as gone on since we wore animal skins, that said we should all take appropriate action to insure our own welfare and safety when we are going out, either alone or with friends.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote