View Single Post
Old 24-11-2005, 21:08   #31
Graham Jones
I am Banned

Re: Does Anybody Care About The Community Wardens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Are you sure that the Wardens only work in those 4 wards?

Devolution has already started in Hyndburn, I saw you at one of the Friends of Rhyddings Park meetings. I think you forgot to sign in.
The wardens original funding was for the 4 wards only. Subsequently they have been asked to attend all area councils and have a walk around. This change in duties confused a lot of residents in places like Rishton into believing they now had a warden service. The Council did little to explain their limited activities in those areas.

Serious devolution can't happen for the warden service now they have been given redundancy notices. If the scheme is revived by one of the political parties, then expect some devolvement of duties to residents. I think it would be quite something for Ossy, or Harwood or Clayton to have their own dedicated warden service.

Secondly the Green Spaces forum received some funding for evenings for HBC open spaces to be patrolled and the wardens were employed to patrol those across the borough. I have seen them a few times up Plantation Rd. So techncially they can be seen outside the 4 wards, though in essence they don't work outside the 4 wards in their normal capacity.

FoRP. What a shambolic meeting. No-one came out with much credit [except Gayle!]. The residents that were there were either Peter's friends or Peters enemies [ie Labour voters]. The rules were being made up on the fly, PB changed his title to stay as chair [to chief facilitator NOT chair person] and a farcical postal vote was set up to obtain political control for Peter and his supporters. No other group in my experience has either been as chaotic, convoluted or as political as that. And the subsequent vote I have a suspicion was contrived to keep Gayle out at all costs.

It would be interesting to hear your comments but it was also ILLUMINATING to know that you were there Neil!! I always had you down as a close friend of Peter's

Last edited by Graham Jones; 24-11-2005 at 21:18.
Graham Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web