View Single Post
Old 28-11-2005, 20:03   #19
Doug
Member.

Re: A drop of Snow....

I certainly do Park. I carry a survival kit that allows me to overnight and walk off a Mountain the next day if necessary, everybody who needs to know where I am as a copy of my route in detail” written details plus a memory map print off” and what emergency profile I’ll take in the event of an incident.

Standing orders for me not returning after 12 hours is to inform Mountain Rescue where I’ve gone, what kit, Fluids and food supplies I have with me and after an emergency which route I’ll make my decent from. By prior arrangement people will only come looking for me if I have not made contact after 24 hours. In the event of injury I have the means to summon help if I need it. I carry enough kit to do what’s needed for 48 hours but most of the kit I carry is intended for other people who might need assistance in an emergency rather than for me, hopefully it will never get used.

Emergency Kit includes: Map of the area and compass, mobile phone, one head lamp, one hand torch, two whistles, two Plastic survival Bags, two foil blankets, and one “Vango” Bothy bag for two persons. Sleeping mat, Comprehensive first aid kid, high energy food reserves, “Kendal Mint Cake and Galaxy Chocolate” multiple packs of hand warmers, two knives, spare hat, gloves and a full set of water proofs, hydro pack, flask of hot drink and general food supplies, all of which is wrapped up in a 35 liter pack. This excludes what kit I’m wearing on the day. Winter kit include's boot spikes and a raven pro Ice Axe.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote