View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 17:16   #1
Tinkerbelle
God Member

Angry In Our Thoughts!

My oldest daughter came home from school today and was telling me that during her R.I. lesson the class were told that they had to send Christmas cards to people who would otherwise receive none over the festive season.

What a lovely thought ………. Well hmm no I’m afraid not!

She went on to tell me that the teacher gave each pupil in her class a piece of paper with a picture and a few details about whom their card was to be designated to. My daughter’s recipient is a ‘gentleman’ serving a life sentence for rape and murder!

They were given a piece of script to put in the card, which was worded similar to ‘you are in our thoughts at this time’, along with there full name and what school they attend!

A few of the pupils themselves were uncomfortable sending out these cards, mainly due to the safety aspect, they were fobbed off by the teacher who told them that the school is a safe environment.

I’m sorry but I think this is really wrong, in fact I’m disgusted! Luckily for the school it was late when I got home so there was no one in school to take my call, but I will be having words with them on Monday about this!