View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 18:53   #37
Doug
Member.

Re: Bit of a quiz for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
See if you have belief in your convictions Doug points mean prizes.
Please read this Mr Rindy….I look forward to you making a large deposit of Ackers into my Back Sir.

“he Olympic flag has five interlocking rings (blue, yellow, black, green, and red) on a white background. The rings of the Olympic flag represent the five parts of the world that were joined together in the Olympic movement: Africa, the Americas, Asia, Australia and Europe. Pierre de Fredy, Baron de Coubertin (1863-1937), a French educator and sportsman, revived the Olympic Games in 1896; the all-male 1896 games were held in Athens, Greece. Baron de Coubertin designed the Olympic flag in 1913-1914. The Olympic flag was first used in the 1920 Olympic Games in Antwerp, Belgium. The Olympic flag is paraded during the opening ceremony of each Olympic Games. This ceremony adds an additional layer of symbolism to the Olympic flag. Traditionally, eight people carry in the Olympic flag. Five of these Olympic flag bearers represent the continents, while the other three Olympic flag bearers stand for the Olympic ideals of sport, environment, and culture. At the end of an Olympics, the mayor of the host-city presents the Olympic flag to the mayor of the next host-city. The Olympic flag will remain in the town hall of the next host-city until the next Olympic Games, four years later. You can buy the Olympic flag at many websites. Some also have the Olympic flag for different countries. Most people easily recognize the Olympic flag, because of its design aspects.”

The Olympic flag is simple, yet symbolic.

I regard you with the above sentiment. Simple, but symbolic “a” ble. …lol.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote