Old 12-12-2005, 15:35   #88
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: In Our Thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
willow - what u have to remember is one thing

the pc brigade say that u shudnt refer to christmas etc cause u'll offend etc

yet as far as i'm aware there's never been an incident where an asian has said i'll b offended!

sometimes the pc brigade shoot the gun so that it looks liketheyr'e doin sommet.

there isnt an asian that doesnt look forward to christmas if its for the holidays and the crimbo movies.
I know mani, and the ironic thing is that asian neighbours of ours have got a Christmas tree and yet the stupid PC morons would tell us not to have one in case we upset them!

Why can't we all just be left alone to get on with each other? When on holiday in a country where we were in the minority we weren't offended by the religious symbols and local customs there. It's mad isn't it?

Look forward to hearing what you've found out at school today Tinks.

There's another bit of PC school nonsense in todays paper but thankfully they've seen sense about this one. The government's "Teachernet" website had some information about what they should do (or mostly shouldn't do) this Christmas. It included:

Protecting children from the scary prospect of coming face to face with a terrifying figure dressed in red sporting a long white beard and shouting "ho, ho, ho"
in case they become so traumatised it gives them nightmares. Nervous children should be placed near a door so that they can ecsape if necessary!

No competitive games at Christmas parties in case the losers get an inferiority complex.

To wrap Christmas presents in old newspapers tied up with bits of wool (why wool?) as this is environmentally friendly and far less wasteful than Christmas wrapping paper and sellotape.

And the best one of the lot in the light of Tinkerbelle's opening post in this thread - discouraging children from sending Christmas cards to each other as this is wasteful and environmentally unfriendly.

As I said, they've seen sense about it, maybe following complaints, because the advice has now been removed, but who on earth dreams up this rubbish in the first place?

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 12-12-2005 at 17:46. Reason: typos
WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote