View Single Post
Old 17-12-2005, 19:52   #95
Stanaccy

Re: Reason for poor gates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I've mentioned it before and have been shot down, but I still think for a lot of people it is the cost, and yes I know we are only charging within what is the admission guide lines. Mum, Dad, plus two children is a big chunk out of a lot of people in Hyndburns weekly income.

In fashion you have a sale. Why not early next season, whilst we are still in a strong promotion position, have one week free admission? Yeah we would loose the revenue for one week, but with the right publicity you could get guaranteed television coverage, and press besides the Observer. With the right promotion we'd have a capacity gate, and hopefully show alot of people who haven't been before, who have stopped coming for whatever reason, what a cracking afternoon we have at the Interlink, and get them hooked on becoming regulars.
Whilst I can see where you are coming from on this, I think you will find a lot of season ticket holders will be aggrieved at a free match for everyone.

I believe a much fairer idea is a deal with the club shop, say attend 5 games and get x% of merchandise. or two adults and a kid free (it's not that much for an under 12 only £3) it may encourage adults to take an offspring and once they get hooked they will drag the parents in. As people have said before invest in the youth and they will insist the parents go.

Come on how many times do they have to "can we" before we give in?
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote