View Single Post
Old 19-12-2005, 23:12   #119
harwood red
God Member

Re: Reason for poor gates?

just over 3 years ago I finally realised my lads were growing up, yes they were only 9 & 10 at the time but they were finding their own independence. I wanted something that we could all do together and that would interest us all. My first thought came to footy as I already spent sat mornings and sun afternoons watching them play in their local youth league footy sides. We'd been to a few rovers matches and I saw an advert for the next match at stanley and thought I would give it a go. It was a pre-season friendly, so we went along and I immediately felt at home. Everyone was so friendly, the players, staff, stewards all made it feel such a welcoming place to come.

A couple of weeks later I found I came into a smallish amount of money and thought, hmmm how about buying some season tickets... Now I could afford rovers ones for all three of us.... but no I chose the stanley and have never looked back!!

Nowadays my lads have become teenagers and don't come along to all home matches (although I still purchased the season tickets) but I have no problems coming along on my own (although I seem to have managed to drag garinda). I attend every home match and some away (when poss), I am also a patron (extra money for the club), sponsered Boco this season, and have pledges for any Robert's goals or assists. No I'm not flush with cash, but somehow stanley has got into my blood and only many other fans on here and who go every week know what I'm talking about.

I suppose what I'm saying is, it's people like me that we need to capture, not the rovers/burnley fans when their playing away, but those who are looking to fill a gap and who then can think of nothing they would rather do than get down to the IES on a sat pm

Right waffle over, just thought I would share that with you, (please no karma deductions for being a saddo )

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote