View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 12:13   #15
Acrylic-bob
God Member

Re: "mene, Mene, Tekel Upharsin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I think it's great Acidic-babs, I'm not being rude, he pm'd me that he likes it, has taken Gayle to his bossom, after a somewhat shakey start.

Now if only Peter would join instead of just read what we write here, he might get the same warm welcome, eventually.
Thank you for that validation, it is always nice to have one's efforts appreciated. But I think that expecting anyone to be able to find a redeeming feature in the Idiot-in-Chief is a bit like asking George Bush to condone Devil Worship - it just aint gonna happen.

If Gayle succeeds in unseating the odious Britcliffe, and I am sure she has a fighting chance of doing so, she will have done so on her own merits, which is as it should be. Her victory will come because the electorate chose to exercise their common sense and will be all the sweeter for it, not because they were hectored into it by anything I might write here.

I never expected to write anything in support of anyone in the Labour party, but as the only sane and rational alternative to Peter "I'm-worth-every-penny" Britcliffe, I see it as my civic duty towards the town I love to use what limited abilities I posess to help remove what I see as a continuing threat to it's prosperity.

Gayle and I continue to disagree about Art, but there is nothing wrong in expressing passionately held views and opinions. I am sure that there are many who disagree with me, that is their prerogative, as it is mine to speak my mind. But one thing Gayle and I do appear to agree on is that Britcliffe is a bad idea for Ossy and also for Hyndburn and the sooner that he and his arrogant, incompetent administration are history, the better! For that reason, if for no other, she has my whole hearted support.

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 07-01-2006 at 12:19.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote