View Single Post
Old 13-01-2006, 05:58   #33
mani
Senior Member+

Re: Translator please

u shud've just pm'd me gayle wud've done it for ya. but since u already got sommet...

i'd also like to come to apoint made by soemoen that many of hte asian women cant read anyway and get a fella to read. yes where as that is true for the older ladies i'm talkin 60+ the ones below that just generally cant b arsed to learn urdu. i know lots of u will jump on this and say y bother etc but there are those that do want to read and do want to mingle.

i'm a volunteer in a help group and its mostly based in blackburn and recently we organised a nice lil charity event and i was surprised by how many women actually do bother to know about these things and volunteer their time. one asian woman i met via this help group was recently put up for a major national award yet she admits herself that without the support of literature available in her first language she wudnt have been able to get half as much done.

these things do get noticed and do take effect. maybe it doesnt have the effect that one wud like it to have but ppl do realise and do participate

u just gotta give it a chance. and yes i do play the lottery. and no i havent won anythign in a whole year. and yes i do want to win it. *sigh*