View Single Post
Old 13-01-2006, 10:20   #26
entwisi
God Member

Re: Shower question

What an Absolute joker!!!

Turned up,

I put the shower on explaining that it is only producing 3 litres/min

"Oh no, thats fine that is, thats at least 4 and a half litres" he says looking at the trickle coming out the shower head.

"Just how can you say that? " I asked. explaining I had measured it 4 times with a jug the other day.

"Nowt wrong with it. You lot all expect power showers" says he.

I go and get a jug (1litre to brim) and something to time with.

He starts filing the jug up and when its 3/4 full empties it and says "1 litre!"

I point out it was nowhere near a litre and he has a hissy fit. I then meaure a full minute flow filling the jug to the top. 3 litres takes 63 seconds.

He says "No, that was 4, you were spilling loads" despite the fact I wasn't.

At this point I just said "If you aren't going to do anything you may as well leave, I'll ring Mira back and get them to send someone who will"

He goes off proper style. starts grabbing the book and showing me this graph with temp/flow shouting look, 35 degrees gives 3 litres flow, only I did Maths at Uni and I know how to read a graph and at 35 degrees it clearly shows 4 litres.

At this point I asked him to leave. He asked me to sign his work sheet and I said yes, I started to write that I wasn't happy and the job was not complete to my satisfaction and he rips the paper out my hands and starts ranting again!

At this point I opened the door and he went out slamming it as he went!

Anyway, I've rung Mira back and said I want someone else as I was disgusted with him. and they said they will try and send the area manager.

Next update will be posted!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote