Thread: Another Win
View Single Post
Old 22-01-2006, 10:55   #22
Gayle
God Member

Re: Another Win

I disagree about the Rovers fans - they're the very ones that you need to convert into Stanley fans. For many, many years local football has been divided between Burnley and Blackburn and we need to win some of those fans back to Accrington.

I was born in Blackburn (although my parents moved over to Oswaldtwistle when I was four) and my Grandad first started taking me to the football when I was old enough. I still go to two or three Rovers games each season. But the fact is that it is very expensive to go to a premiership game (especially for a family of four) and a lot of fans, myself included would rarely, if ever, go to an away match. Which leaves a lot of football fans at a loose end most Saturdays. These are the very people that you need to be encouraging into the Stanley crowd. They get to watch quality football at a lower price and support their local team and town at the same time.

So don't knock it when 'Rovers' fans (or Burnley fans for that matter) come to watch Stanley, just try and convert them into diehards!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote