Thread: Sex headlines.
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2006, 18:24   #55
Doug
Member.

Re: Sex headlines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
I didn't say that it wouldn't. I didn't make a point for you to agree or disagree with. I was merely pointing out the way that some people use the media as a tactic to get things done. It's not a tactic I particularly like but it is a fact that going to the papers is a threat and a last resort if an issue is not resolved.

However, I do agree with your comments that it will, in this instance, probably make things worse.
Gayle, this form of Journalism is nothing more than distasteful sensationalism that won’t serve any purpose than shame local residents, draw the attention of idiots, perverts and unfortunately inquisitive children into the area, normally in these case’s its usually the latter that are feed upon by those we try to keep away from the innocent and vulnerable.

If this is seen as a legitimate means to an end then I would seek the resignations of those responsible and an immediate apology to the people of Hyndburn…..

Please note, had these incident had happened in the last couple of weeks and harm had been caused then it may have been News.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote