Thread: Identity Cards
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2006, 16:02   #58
Gayle
God Member

Re: Identity Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
i suppose if everyone voted against labour at the next elections tony blair may actualy get the message that its a bad idea

sorry gail but your boss is a d*ck and needs reminding thet hes here to SERVE the people not rule them
Few points on this one Chav

Next elections are local and have absolutely no impact on the Government whatsover. Local issues are things like - should the market hall be sold off, should we get resident parking anywhere, how do we bring investment into Hyndburn etc? I disagree with a lot of the national policies but as far as I'm concerned I'm fighting a local Council election and national policies shouldn't come into it one jot.

He's not my boss - I'm not a fan of his either and there is no way that I would have voted for him as the leader of the party.

I don't really see the point of identity cards myself. I reckon that I have at least 10 cards (credit cards, drivers licence, library cards, etc) that identify me adequately should anybody question who I am. I certainly don't think that the people should have to pay to carry them.

Finally, I agree with you - from Councillors to MPs to the Prime Minister, they should all realise that they have to listen to the people and serve them rather than dictate.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote